The Global Governance Institute has launched a 3-year Collaborative Research Network (CRN) on "Europe's Return to UN Peacekeeping". Funded by the University Association for Contemporary European Studies (UACES) the project brings together leading experts from EU and US think tanks and research universities, including the Belgian Royal Military Academy (RMA), the Centre for International Peace Operations (ZIF), the EU Institute for Security Studies (EUISS), the Swedish Defence Research Agency (FOI), the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI), the Royal Danish Defence College, the University of Leiden, the University of Galway, the Centre on International Cooperation (CIC-NYU), George Washington University, the International Peace Institute (IPI), Vesalius College of the Free University of Brussels (VUB) and the Global Action to Prevent War & Armed Conflict (GAPW).The project examines the core obstacles, prospects and ways ahead for a selected pool of European countries that are currently intensifying, or are likely to intensify, their engagement with UN peacekeeping. READ MORE.
GGI welcomes applications for its 2nd edition of the Executive Training Programme in Global Risk Analysis and Crisis Management in Brussels. The course, developed in close cooperation with senior officials from the European Union, United Nations, NATO as well as NGOs and leading security experts, provides participants with unique insights and skills in the field of assessing global risks and managing complex crises comprehensively.
The 2013 edition of the course included training sessions by Dr. Jamie Shea (Deputy Assistant Secretary-General for Emerging Security Challenges, NATO), Agostino Miozzo (Managing Director, Crisis Response, European External Action Service) and Mireia Villar Forner (UNDP). For further information, please visit the course website.
GGI Background Paper 1/2011. The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) by Marina N. Lynch
- EU return to UN peacekeeping
- GGI invited as Knowledge Partner of Global Economic Symposium 2015
- GGI co-organizes Conference on the "Global Peace Index 2014"
- US Court ruling on Information on CIA Drone Killings Important First Step
- Drone Warfare and the Future of Global Governance
- New Project on "Europe's Return to UN Peacekeeping" launched
- Seminars on Intelligence and Cybersecurity (Winter 2014 & Spring 2015)
- Intelligence and Cybersecurity Seminars
- GGI coordinates project on "Europe’s Return to United Nations peacekeeping"
- Developing a method for nurturing innovation processes within primary and secondary education: a partnership with Tate Modern